Mars To Earth 2019 will focus on the applications of the Mars / Space research programs which are already available to trigger added valued economic impact on terrestrial commercial and industrial activities.
The Human exploration of Mars will generate a positive effect on many industrial sectors on Earth, contributing to a radical change in the technological and economic scenario on our planet.
The conference welcomes people from industrial and space research backgrounds as well as potential investors to analyze joint possibilities of future cooperation.
The location of the conference, the city of Milan, is at the heart of one of the most important industrialized areas in the world, and hopes to be an omen for the future role of Lombardia region, of Italy and of Europe in the Space Economy.
Autonomous rovers, Robotics for exploration, inspection, assistance
Human factors, Rehabilitation, telemedicine, human physiology, biology
In situ resource utilization, Energy, Food Productions, Plant Cultivation Technologies, Materials, Architecture
Satellite telecommunications, remote sensing
- Virtual Reality
Virtual Training, VR/AR for safety check, maintenance, inspection
Poster Session, students projects
Mars to Earth Award
The Mars To Earth Award is foreseen for projects of students which deal with the terrestrial application of some Mars research and studies.
Mars to Earth Award is divided in 3 categories:
- Best Mars Project
A technological project based on Mars studies.
- Best Mars Poster
A presentation of a key technology and innovative idea arisen from Mars research which could be applied to a terrestrial case.
- Best Mars App
A software app illustrating the nature of Mars, or a Mars technology both for educational and scientific purpose.
The projects selection will be made by a jury of Space specialists in the afternoon of Friday 12th April, after the presentation of the single projects.
To partecipate to the selection send your projects description to email@example.com.
- Tommaso Ghidini (ESA)
- Gabriele Mascetti , Italian Space Agency
- Dave Anilkumar, Italian Space Agency
- Enrico Flamini, IRSPS Unich
- Valentina Sumini, MIT: Architecture for Human Spac Exploration
- Christa M. Feucht, 4th Planet Logistics: Moon and Mars habitation in lava Tubes
- Yacine Benyoucef, Space Medex : Medical Care and Emercency units in Space
- Lt.Col. Francecso Soldani, Italian Military Aeronautic: Italian Air Force- Space and Aerospace developments
- Maria Antonietta Perino, Thales Alenia Space
- Bernhard Rebele, DLR : Cooperative robotic systems for autonomous exploration missions
- Gennaro Russo, Trans-Tech: Necessary Intermediate Steps Toward MARS
- Giancarlo Borghesi, MegSat Space Division
- David Avino, Argotec
- Giancarlo Genta, Polytechnic of Turin, IAAA
CONFIRMED SCHOOLS PROJECTS
POLYTECHNIC OF TURIN
- Team Diana: ROVER TORO
- 3D printing food
- Insects as space food
- Emergency Space Module
- Personal radiation Shielding
- Bioregenerative Life Support System
- Shelter Module for active protection
- 3D printing cloth
9.CR-BR, Carbon remover bioreactor
POLYTECHNIC OF MILAN
UNIVERSITY OF BERGAMO
11. Rover RM-001
Call For Papers
Technical papers and posters addressing the topics of Mars To Earth are welcome. To submit a proposal of a paper/posters to be presented during the Workshop, please send an abstract to the following e-mail address:
The abstract must be in English language with a maximum length of 500 words and must contain:
- Title of the work;
- First name, last name, phone numbers, e-mail address and company of the author/s;
- A brief summary of the content that will be addressed in the paper with an indication of the selected topics;
- A presentation of the main results of the paper.
Abstracts and posters submission deadline is 20th March 2019.
The conference will be advertised in the main Italian and international media.
To know about our sponsorship program contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11-12 April 2019
Under The Patronage of
Piazza Duca d’Aosta, 3 (Milano)